Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Guest Post: Lizard & Ladybug

Hi everyone...I'm Staci from Lizard & Ladybug.  
I can't tell you how excited I am to be here!  
I a huge stalker fan of Kelli so I was THRILLED 
when she asked if I would 'guest blog'.   
What The What..was my first thought :)  
After I told everyone I knew that someone else was interested in what I had to say...
I had to come up with something to share.

I don't know about you but I LOVE Halloween.  Having 2 little ones really pushed me into "Halloween crazy town".  This year, my son began preschool (& loves it) so he wanted to invite his entire class to our Halloween party.  I decided that this year's theme would be 'Halloween Carnival' complete with games (sack races, eyeball toss, pumpkin bowling etc) and lots of treats (candy, candy and candy).  
I wanted something a little extra but I didn't want to spend too much extra moola.  
Candy skewers are what I really wanted for the carnival..and even though they are SO cute, it doesn't really fit in my budget when I need 25+.  


So I made my own!  And here's how you can too.  
So easy (and so versatile). 

Start with your supplies.  Candy (preferably gummy candy) & skewers 
(I intended on using the 10" ones but went with the 6" skewers).
I wanted to do a 'creepy' candy skewer and a 'gross' one.  
I bought gummy worms, bugs, spiders, body parts and sour gummy dots.  
Then it's time to get to work.  Slide your gummies onto the skewer.  
*I will tell you that the gummy worms were the easiest to slide.*
Here's a shot of the 10" skewer...

I realized that a longer skewer meant MUCH more candy..
I switched to the shorter one...
Here are the shorter ones with eyes, a finger and worms

I am really happy with how they turned out.  
If you were giving them as 'takeaways', 
put them in a clear cello bag & tie with a cute ribbon.  
If you want to display them..stick them in a floral foam brick covered with candy.

I tested these out on the kids...I passed with flying colors.
Looks like I'll be making more :)

Thank you for letting me share these creepy/gross little treats with all of you.  
BIG Thanks to Kelli for trusting me with her SUPER blog!!
Your bouquet of eyeballs, spiders and worms is on the way :)

***********************
Thanks so much Staci for sharing such a fun {and kind of creepy} Halloween idea with us!
Make sure to head over to Staci's SUPER cute blog Lizard & Ladybug and check all of her other really great ideas!

Here are just a few of my favorites:
Sq'eek'y Clean Soap

Pin It!

11 comments:

Jodee said...

It's so nice to meet you, Supermom! I am coming over from Staci's blog. I adore her too and I wish I had her creative bone!

Hope you have a great week!

KTW said...

Nice to meet you, Staci! Those skewers are a SUPER CUTE idea! :) I might just have to make those for my son's friends. We're not allowed to hand out candy in school anymore (BOO!!!) but he can give them to the kids as they leave with their parents in the afternoon. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Kmama said...

What a cute idea!! I bet they were a huge hit!!

Kelli said...

Those are really cute! My friends and I are having a Halloween party for our kids and that would be fun for them to make. Thanks for sharing.

Angie said...

All these ideas are great! And so fun for a 5 year old...my daughter will have so much fun!! Thanks girls for all your fun ideas :-)

Anonymous said...

These are really fun. I may just have to pick up some gummies for the kiddos to have a blast making these. Nice to meet you as well:)

He & Me + 3 said...

I love Staci. what a fun post. Those kabobs are so cute. great job.

Unknown said...

To fun Great job Staci, love the squiemish candy skewers. ;) darling! Jen HI KELLI TOO!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Those are really cute!!!

Kelly said...

These are so cute and my kids are going to love them! Now I'll have to spend some time tracking down the various gummy candies!

Staci has a very cute blog! Thanks for having her guest post :)

polwig said...

How fun... I love all those gummy bear treats... or should I say gummy critters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...